This is a very important step for you and your child, and we aim to provide a safe, stimulating environment with highly qualified, caring staff, where your child can have the absolute best start to their learning journey.
We believe: Where the environment is small and friendly, the learning comes naturally.
At Stepping Stones we believe that each child is an unique individual who deserves the very best that we can offer. We have 12-18 children per session, aged between 2 and 5 and were rated ‘good’ in our last OFSTED inspection. We pride ourselves on our fantastic outdoor environment and are lucky to have woods in the grounds which enables us to offer forest sessions. We also have an amazing garden which has various trees for natural shade and offers a wealth of stimulating activities including a mud kitchen, sand pit, large climbing frame, sensory garden, literacy corner, wooden play house, water wall and number station. Our staff are highly qualified and include an Early Years Professional. All other permanent staff are qualified to level 3 or above. One parent described us as giving “Attentive individual one-to-one care in an environment where every child is heard”.
Our aim is...
- To develop self-confidence within a safe, stimulating,friendly environment.
- To recognise the immense value of parental involvement and to encourage effective communication and interaction.
- To encourage children to embrace their natural environment.
- To provide equal opportunities for families.
We offer your child...
- A chance to socialise with others, make friendships and learn to communicate.
- A wealth of outdoor opportunities in our lovely natural, stimulating garden, our enclosed patio and the attached woods.
- A child centred curriculum which emphasises learning through play and supports each individual child.
- A small group of between 12 -18 children at each session, with each child having a personal keyworker.
- A Learning Journey for each child including many photographs and observations.
- A link with their Reception Teacher in all the local schools.